“To decrease the impact on human health from foodborne parasites (FBP), through establishing a risk-based control program for FBP containing robust and appropriate protective strategies”
- Develop means to survey FBP through integration or modification of the national and international surveillance systems currently used in- and outside the network for other foodborne pathogens, and to use region-specific ranking of FBP to determine where maximum focus should be levelled, including consideration of the
socioeconomic impacts of the various FBP (WG1).
- Identify techniques for analysis of different food matrices for FBP, based on solutions used in- and outside the network, with particular emphasis on reliability, efficiency, integration, harmonization and standardization, and to identify diagnostic techniques, given the differences in available equipment, methods and occurrence of
- Assimilate information on current and potential interventions to combat FBP (removal, inactivation) using a HACCP approach (WG3).
- Develop models projecting how a range of global drivers may impact upon the occurrence, transmission, risk and importance of different FBP in Europe by use of scenario analysis, with input from the network (WG5).
- Successfully reach the relevant FBP stakeholders and end-users through targeted dissemination of the EURO-FBP outcomes.
- Action Chair: Lucy J. Robertson, Norway. Email: Lucy.firstname.lastname@example.org
- WG1 (Region-specific ranking of FBP and current surveillance systems) Leader: Joke van der Giessen, Netherlands, email@example.com
- WG2 (Analytical and Diagnostic Methods for FBP) Leader: Christian Klotz, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org
- WG3 (Interventions) Leader: Cédric Gerard, Switzerland, email@example.com
- WG4 (Global trends, risk assessment and research agenda consolidation and prioritization) Leader: Paul Torgerson, Switzerland, firstname.lastname@example.org